Joint Contract Administration Manual
October 9, 2009
2009 Joint Contract Administration Manual (JCAM) print version
The National Association of Letter Carriers and the United States Postal Service have published an updated version (2009) of the JCAM. All post offices and branches should have received a copy of the new JCAM. The NALC Supply Department has additional hard copies of the JCAM for sale at $15 per copy. You can call and order your JCAM at 202-662-2873 or click here to download an order form. In addition, the JCAM is available as a PDF document (see below).
2009 Joint Contract Administration Manual (JCAM) online version
Click the image at right to open the PDF document, or right-click on the image and select "Save Target As..." to download the file.
Included in the PDF are:
- A letter from NALC President Fred Rolando and the Postal Service’s Vice President of Labor Relations, Doug Tulino, providing direction to delivery unit managers and NALC shop stewards on the use of the JCAM.
- A letter from NALC Executive Vice President Gary Mullins to NALC branch officers regarding the use of the JCAM.
- A list of changes to the previous JCAM.
- The 2009 JCAM itself.
- Contains interpretations endorsed by the NALC and the USPS: The JCAM contains the authoritative, agreed-upon interpretations of the National Agreement. The National Association of Letter Carriers and the United States Postal Service have agreed at the national level that this is the definitive interpretation of the contract.
- Is binding on both parties: Postal managers and NALC representatives at all levels are required to follow the JCAM's interpretations of the contract.
- Should be used to settle disputes: The JCAM should be used by the local parties to help resolve disputes and should be introduced in the expedited and regular arbitration forums.