How to Join
The NALC Health Benefit Plan
Enrollment codes for our Plan are:
321 Self Only
322 Self and Family
Newly Hired Letter Carriers
Newly hired Letter Carriers may enroll within sixty (60) days of their date of becoming eligible. They may enroll by completing the PostalEASE FEHB Worksheet and forwarding it to the Human Resources Shared Service Center (HRSSC 1-877-4PS-EASE) or through the Internet (https://liteblue.usps.gov).
Current Active Letter Carriers
- If you have access to the PostalEASE Employee Web on the Intranet (from the Blue page), the Internet (https://liteblue.usps.gov) or to an Employee Self-Service Kiosk (available in some postal facilities), using these may be simpler than using the telephone. Just follow the instructions.
- Otherwise, call the Employee Service Line to reach PostalEASE toll-free at 1-877-4PS-EASE (1-877-477-3273, option 1) or 1-866-260-7507 for TTY.
- When prompted, select Federal Employees Health Benefits.
- Follow the script and prompts to enter your Employee ID, your USPS PIN, and information from your completed PostalEASE FEHB Worksheet. Information needed: daytime phone number, the name of the health benefit plan (NALC Health Benefit Plan) in which you wish to enroll, enter the code number (321 Self Only or 322 Self and Family) of the plan, the names, addresses and date of birth for all eligible family members covered under your enrollment. The name and policy number of any other group insurance you or any of your eligible family members may have (including Tricare, Medicare, etc). If you are changing plans or canceling coverage, enter the enrollment code of the health benefit plan in which you are currently enrolled.
- After completing your entries you should note the following information:
- Record the Confirmation Number you receive from PostalEASE: ___________________.
- Your enrollment will be processed on this date, record this information: ______________.
- Your enrollment will be reflected in your paycheck that is dated, record this information: ___________________.
- You should keep all this information for your records.
Retirees or Annuitants will receive annual FEHB Open Season Information in the mail. To enroll or to change their enrollment, they can visit the Office of Personnel Management’s (OPM) Open Season Online web site at retireefehb.opm.gov or www.opm.gov/retire/fehb or call Open Season Express 1-800-332-9798. Beginning late October 2013, they may also call the Open Season Express line toll free at 1-800-332-9798. By mail, the address is:
Office of Personnel Management
Open Season Processing Center
P.O. Box 5000
Lawrence, Kansas 66046-0500
Retirees or Annuitants who are eligible in the FEHB Program may call the Retirement Information Center 1-888-767-6738 (or 1-800-878-5707 for a TDD for the hearing impaired) for instructions on enrolling. Annuitants in the Washington, DC local calling area should dial 202-606-0500 (or 202-606-0551 for a TDD for the hearing impaired). Or they may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newly Eligible Federal Employees can enroll in the FEHB Program within sixty (60) days of their becoming eligible for the program by obtaining and completing a Standard Form 2809 (SF 2809) from their employing office. They may also fill out the SF 2809 online, print it, and turn the form in to their employing office.
Current Federal Employees of agencies that participate in Employee Express may enroll during the annual Open Season using the web site www.employeeexpress.gov or enroll by telephoning 1-478-757-3030. Employees of non-participating agencies should contact their employing office for instructions on enrolling.