Information and services for the retired letter carrier
While employees who are planning or applying for retirement are required to process through the Postal Service’s Human Resources Shared Service Center (HRSSC), once retired, that changes.
|2015 annuity check payment schedule
Click here to access the 2015 annuity check payment schedule.
After the effective date of retirement, questions, issues and concerns related to retirement matters should be directed to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). OPM is the agency that has authority to decide entitlement to CSRS and FERS annuities.
When contacting OPM, be prepared to provide your name and either CSA or Social Security number. Click here for OPM contact information on the Retirement Department main page.
OPM also has a user-friendly password-protected on-line access portal that allows annuitants to change their federal and state income tax withholdings, change their mailing address, view and print the current 1099-R Tax Form, and other actions. It is called Retirement Services Online and can be reached here: https://www.servicesonline.opm.gov
OPM provides a convenient online service to retirees that allows them to view and print certain information related to their annuities, and also to make certain changes. Accessing the service is easy if you have internet access.
What information can I view and what actions can I take?
- view and print annuity statement
- view and change allotments to organizations
- view current and change direct deposit of annuity to a different financial institution
- view current and change federal and state income tax withholdings
- view and print 1099 R Tax form, or request and 1099 R be mailed to you
- view and change mailing address
- verify life insurance coverage (FEGLI)
- view the status of your case if you are still receiving interim payments
How do I find Retirement Services Online?
Click here: https://www.servicesonline.opm.gov