Mutual Benefit Association
Director of Life Insurance
Myra Warren was re-elected by acclamation during the 69th Biennial NALC Convention in Philadelphia to serve a third term as director of the union’s Mutual Benefit Association (MBA). Full bio
U.S. Letter Carriers Mutual Benefit Association
100 Indiana Ave., N.W., Suite 510
Washington, DC 20001-2144
The United States Letter Carriers Mutual Benefit Association (MBA), founded in 1891, was created for the benefit of National Association of Letter Carriers members and their families. The MBA is the life insurance division of the NALC. Today, the MBA has more than $224 million of life insurance in force on its members.
Insurance plans offered by the MBA are designed to give NALC members and their families the best possible protection for the lowest cost. See MBA Membership Qualifications for details regarding eligibility for purchasing MBA products.
MBA Board of Trustees
- Lawrence D. Brown, Jr., chairman
- Randall L. Keller
- Mike Gill
Interest rates for MBA products
Interest rates for Mutual Benefit Association products are set annually by the MBA Board of Trustees. These interest rates are in effect from Jan. 1, 2016, through Dec. 31, 2016.
- Universal Life* — 4.00%
- Interest Sensitive Whole Life* — 4.5%
- Deferred Annuities — 4.0%
- Flexible Annuities * — 3.75%
- Life Dividends Left on Deposit — 3.5%
- Newly issued Supplemental Contracts* — 3.5%
- Death Claim interest on proceeds — 3.5%
* Subject to minimum contractual guarantees
Notice: MBA’s Interest Credit Rate for 2017 will be 3.25 percent.
More from your Mutual Benefit Association
- The long history of the MBA.
- Membership qualifications for purchasing MBA products. (NALC membership is required to apply for MBA insurance plans)
- MBA Insurance Program brochures contain general descriptions of the basic life insurance, retirement and accident and health insurance plans currently issued to NALC members, with answers to frequently asked questions and links to additional brochures on individual plans
- Forms and filing information for MBA policies
- Definitions of common insurance industry terms
- Director of Life Insurance Myra Warren’s presentations at MBA Workshops during the 2008 NALC Convention in Boston and the 2006 NALC Convention in Las Vegas
- How to contact MBA for assistance
- Useful links: